REASONING OR LOGIC
I want to inspire you today on Reasoning your Faith from scriptures and not just receiving things ‘hook line and sinker’ as preachers or pastors instructs us. We have been taught two things; the first is not to ‘Question Men of God’ – while I believe we should reverence Servants of the Most High God, I am of the opinion that asking questions is not a sin. Secondly, we have been taught not to ‘Think and Reason’ as believers… just believe everything we are being told.
A popular preacher who always makes news for the wrong reasons made news last week for another terrible reason in Atlanta. He literally claimed that God will ‘steal’ money somewhere and credit His Followers after his prayers, he called the scam ‘Miracle Alert.’ It is very laughable yet sickening to those who love and fear God. Who did this to us? Who told us to stop ‘Thinking’ and not to ‘Reason’ with our brains?
I found out that there were two main actors in the book of Acts, Peter, and Paul, one was used to start the church and the other was used to spread the Word throughout the gentile world. One was a powerful Preacher (Peter) and the other was a Deep Thinker (Paul), the modern day church was built on the theology of Paul the Thinker not Peter the Preacher.
You will discover when you study scriptures that the word ‘Reasoning’ was used with Paul’s messages and ministry not Peter. This is the future of the church and believers, the younger generation are ‘thinkers’ hence, the reason they leave the church most especially being told not to Think but just Obey the preachers not God.
God is not afraid of Thinkers, in fact, He challenged Israel to think or reason with Him in the book of Isaiah. Why then are we afraid to think and reason with scriptures? I will be sharing some passages of scriptures with you on how Paul operated and why he had so much success in Ministry unlike his contemporaries. I want you to become a Thinker and Reason from scriptures on what you do and your values in life. Do not just follow ‘trends’ but challenge them with your thinking caps.
5 BIBLE VERSES ON THINKING AND REASONING FROM SCRIPTURES
- Come now, let us REASON together, says the Lord… (Isa. 1 v 18). God wants us to reason with Him
- And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days REASONED with them out of scriptures (Acts 17 v 2). Paul reasoned with the Bible
- And he REASONED in the synagogue every sabbath and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks (Acts 18 v 4). Paul persuaded the Jews and Greeks through reasoning and thinking
- And he came to Ephesus and left them there; but he himself entered into the synagogue and REASONED with the Jews (Acts 18 v 19). Paul convinced the Jews through thinking.
- And he REASONED of righteousness, temperance, and judgement to come, Felix trembled and answered…’ (Acts 24 v 25). The Governor trembled after Paul Reasoned with him.
Let us all become Thinkers as we grow in our faith. Think and grow in the Lord.